I like food sticks! Let's have more foods on sticks please. They look great as a side dish on a plate or to serve to party guests.
3 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
1/4 Tsp salt
1/8 Tsp hot-red-chili flakes
4 8" wooden skewers
1. Soak the wooden skewers 30 - 60 minutes in water
2. Preheat the grill to medium
3. Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Thread about 3 florets onto each skewer.
4. Whisk the lemon juice with the oregano, salt and hot-red-peper flakes.
5. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until mixed thoroughly.
7. Place folded tinfoil over one side of the grill (and turn that side off), season grill with oil
8. Place cauliflower on the grill with the wooden skewers on the tinfoil to protect the wood. Cook with lid closed until tender and crisp with nice grill marks. About 6 minutes per side.
9. Serve on a platter and brush with remaining mixture.
This will become one of my favourite grilled vegetable recipes. It's just that good. Period.
This goes wonderful with Tarragon-dill trout. I also found this recipe at Chatelaine.com.