Finger food, perfect for entertaining. Look great with minimal effort. Add chilled champagne, white or red wine and someone to share conversation with and you are set!
6-7 shallots peeled and sliced
Puff pastry 6"x10" approximately
1 Egg or you can use olive oil
1. Peel and slice shallots
3. Sauté on medium-low heat until caramelized, approximately 30-40 minutes. You can get other things ready and check on them every few minutes if the stove isn't too hot. When they are ready you can put it on low and then start the puff pastry
4. Preheat the grill (or oven) to 450
5. Take puff pasty out of freezer and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet
6. Skore a line about 1/4" from the edge all the way around the edge of the puff pastry
7. Crack egg into a bowl and mix the yolk and white together.
8. Brush the around the edge of the puff pastry with the raw egg. If you are out of eggs you can use olive oil
9. Place the puff pastry on the cookie sheet on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes until it is "puffed up" and slightly browned
10. Remove the puff pastry from the grill
11. Press down the centre of the pastry leaving the edge taller
12. Fill the centre of the puff pastry with your shallot mixture and spread around evenly
13. Cut the pastry into bit sized pieces and serve on a beautiful plater like you can find on PotteryLove.com
Be sure to that there is at least one piece left for the chef to eat!